So... This past week hasn't been the greatest:
- we can't afford to buy any of the textbooks I absolutely NEED for uni
- Dad accidentally downloaded a virus onto my laptop and I still don't have it back
- Mum gave me plenty more lectures of the woeful state of my life and lack of friendships
- My second best friend from school had her 21st birthday party and, surprise suprise, I wasn't invited
- I didn't get any pressies for my birthday today but did get to have dinner at home with parents, siblings, Grandma and an aunt - who Mum decide to invite without checking with me first.
On the plus side - when I was 18 my father wrote me a poem. He's trained as a mechanical engineer and is now a science/maths teacher and is quiet, shy and not very open with his feelings and emotions. I received this in my card today - he wrote THIS for me this year on the occasion of my 21st. Sometimes I get cross at him and frustrated with him and many times I don't agree with his opinions. But I do and always will love him dearly.
I don't have an original way of staying it but the sentiment is what I wish to express so... Merry Christmas and the best to you and your loved (or merely liked) ones. :)
Thanks sooooo much to all of you for being so wonderful throughout the year. I have no idea what I'd do without the internet and especially without being able to chat and talk (via the written word....) with you all. I appreciate it so very much and it's kept my mind rather happy for at last part of each day. So hurrah for that! :D Your kindness, generosity of spirit and general loveliness is just so fantastic and I want you to know how much it means to me.
So have a lovely day.
With all the love and good wishes in the world from me.
1) I've finished uni for the year and was EXTREMELY relieved to get an e-mail last week saying I got in to do the Diploma in Education (secondary) next year. WIN! As long as I didn't get really shocking marks this past semester it means I graduate my Arts course this December and start the teaching one next February. Scary.
2) Why does Mum think it's perfectly acceptable to spoil Katherine? For my last birthday (and Christmas) I was given $125. Which I was more than pleased with. For my sister's 11th birthday this year she got about $300 spent on her. This strikes me as slightly unfair. But if I bring it up to Mum I sound like a bit of a whinger. Bleh. Oh well.
3) I currently have $30 in my bank account so Christmas pressies to you folks are kind of out of the question. HOWEVER, I'd still LOVE to be able to send you all Christmas cards. I have some of your addresses around somewhere but my room's a tad messy at the moment so...
PLEASE drop me a comment below with your address so I can send you a cheesy Christmas card and a note. :D If you want one, that is... I can't guarantee wittiness or hilarity but handwriting and a festive greeting is a lock-in! Comments are screened, naturally.
Yes, that's my entire entry. I don't have anything much to say - this just put me in a far better mood than anything else this last week. Stoked. :)
Please copy the topics below, erase my answers and put yours in their place, and then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration. One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out.
( Read more...Collapse )
( Read more...Collapse )